Finally the sun came out again. But by now of course, he was ravenous and scared. Well, lucky for him a very nice lady saw him and just happened to have 3 cats of her own. She took him some food and with lots of coaxing, took him into her house to be with the other cats. Well, as stories go, the other cats did not like the intruder and chased him around until he finally found a hiding place under a table. After 3 days of this, the lady decided she couldn't have any of that and called me. I had lost my last cat to illness 2 yrs prior and had been thinking about getting another cat. So, I drove to Fremont and brought him home with me. She told me his name was "Rocky" named after Rocky raccoon (cartoon character) because he looked slightly like a raccoon.
When we got him, I thought to myself, "Great, we finally have a small cat". Our other cats all turned out to be big cats. Well, as time went on, I realized that Rocky was only about 6 mos old and so hadn't finished growing yet. Well, he is now about 17 lbs. and 5 yrs old. I'm pretty certain that he is a Ragdoll, because he will just hang so limp. He is precious and a joy to have around (most of the time).
In case you are wondering, my friend did check to see if he was micro-chipped, or if any one was missing a cat before giving him to me. I had him neutered the next day and micro-chipped too.
As you can see, he has been a big help with the bathroom re-model as well as with the gardening. We currently have about 70 plants on our back deck waiting to be planted (mostly tomatoes and peppers ) and whenever he goes out, he tries hard to prune them. He's a natural born gardner.
Well, so that's Rocky's story. Hope you enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment